Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Whistle While You Work?



Most law firms don't allow secretaries to have radios on their desks.  Of course, I don't suppose anybody has a radio these days.  

At any rate, you're not allowed to have a docking station or anything that emits noise out into the open that could possibly disturb your co-workers, or God forbid, attorneys.

So, many years ago, I took to using headphones.  There are times that require me to completely focus, such as when I'm entering time or transcribing or preparing documents for filing in court.  But, when I'm doing tasks such as simple data entry or pulling cases, I can easily listen to a CD or Pandora at the same time.

Music allows me to enter a space where I'm in somewhat control.  Meaning, I can decide what I want to hear, I'm not bothering anyone else and I have a little bit of freedom.

If you haven't tried it, consider investing in an inexpensive pair of headphones - or an expensive pair if your budget allows.

Either way, I'll bet you'll be surprised at what a difference it makes.

Don't disturb this groove.*


"Don't Disturb This Groove" by "The System" (circa 1987)

No comments: