Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Workplace Resolutions for the New Year



I have no idea what the statistics are, but many people make "resolutions" for the New Year.  

Personally, I stopped making resolutions years ago.  I would find myself so sad when I broke them.

So, now, I am just grateful for seeing another year and am aware of trying to do things a little differently.  

Not a resolution - but a "work in progress."

Some of the common workplace resolutions are:

1.  Find a new job

2.  Get to work on time

3.  Stop gossiping at work 

4.  Learn a new skill

5.  Dress better for work

6.  Be more time productive

7.  Get a promotion

8.  Network more


For me, I am praying to continue to be gainfully employed in 2013 and maintain a positive attitude, even when people around me are not necessarily positive. 

The first thing I'm planning to do is go out today and get new calendars for work and home.

I never buy calendars in advance because - well, because I'm just a wee bit superstitious.  So, now you know.

What about your resolutions for the New Year?  What's on your agenda?  I'd love to hear from you.

Here's to a wonderful, healthy, happy and successful 2013!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have changed jobs to find that the grass is not always greener and in fact, can be deceptively blue-green. I am in a "bloom where I am planted" mode and need to develop skills to work through difficult personalities. Developing coping skills in on my resolution list.