Monday, January 28, 2013

New Year - New Look (I Wish)



It's almost February and while I didn't make any "resolutions," per say, I really did promise myself that I was going to update my face.

If I can't get rid of the lines, but, at least I can do a better job of covering them.

I was looking at one of the young secretaries in my office the other day and I'm pretty sure she thought I was either crazy or trying to hit on her because of the look on my face.  What I wanted to say, but didn't, is "I sure do miss my youth."

Oh, I don't want to do the 20-something thing again.  I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't mind the 30s again, but what's done is done.  And the alternative to getting old, is well - let's not go there.

But, as long as Lady Clairol is alive, I'm going to fight the gray, well I'm trying to fight the gray, and at least put on a little, as my mother would say, "blush and lipstick."

But makeup has evolved to a whole lot more than blush and lipstick.  And while you can't believe everything you read, you sure as heck can give it the old college try.

That said, I wanted to forewarn you that, from time to time, I will digress from talking the latest in fonts and formatting and foray into the world of beauty.

I'm not an expert as my office-mates can attest, but I do enjoy trying new products.

First up - Dr. Hauschka's Moisturizing Day Cream.

The winter weather is really doing a number on your girl, and I thought that instead of buying my usual moisturizer, I would venture to try something different.  I love Dr. Hauschka's hand creams and bath oil, so I figured that the moisturizer would be good for me too.

I love the feel of the cream in my hands on on my face.  But check it out for yourself before you buy.  That's what I did.  I got a sample from the esthetician (about three days worth) and checked out the results before I purchased.

It's been almost two weeks and so far it's working. . .I'll let you updated.

If you have beauty tips, I'd love to hear them Email me

No comments: