Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Secret Santa" - Thank You? No, Thank You?



It's the most wonderful time of the year.  Or not.

I'm not a Scrooge. Really, I'm not.  But sometimes I could just do without all the office parties and "Secret Santa gift exchanges."  

And whoever thought "re-gifting" was appropriate?  And what about that stupid game where someone gets to "steal" the gift from the other person who just got the reindeer cork screw?

Honestly, it's enough to make me overdose on egg nog.

There are still some gift ideas that are "politically correct," and not such a piece of junk that they're downright insulting.  

Here are my top five ideas (in no particular order) for gifts under $10.

1.  Coffee gift card

2.  Panera gift card

3.  Desk Calendar (preferably not one with dirty jokes)

4.  Ink Pen

5. Mug (a decent mug - not the 99 cent store variety)

Here are my top five ideas (in no particular order) for gifts under $25

1.  Coffee gift card

2.  Movie tix (2)

3.  Bookstore Gift Card

4.  Nice stationery

5.  Collectible ornament

What are some of the favorite/least favorite gifts you've received at the office over the years?

I'd love to know.  

Fa-la-la-la-la!


No comments: