Sunday, February 5, 2012

Monday Morning Blues on a Sunday Night


This always happens to me. First of all, THANK GOD I HAVE A JOB.

Okay, now that we clarified that, why is it that I always leave work on Friday evening feeling so upbeat? It's like I could conquer the world. Or, like I'm really going to be able to recharge my battery, do laundry, have a fun-filled weekend, go to church and go back just two days later feeling like a new woman?

The last couple of weeks, I started playing this little mental game with myself. I pretend that I actually look forward to Mondays.

I even try telling myself that Monday is actually the best day of the week. I make really great coffee when I wake up on Monday and I walk really, really fast and purposeful on my way to the office. Okay. I'm running late so I have to hurry. But, still, it's all mind over matter, right?

The good news is that my boss is so high energy and works most weekends, so that when I get to work on Monday mornings, I usually have a ton of work to do which means the day flies by quickly (if I'm lucky).


If you have tips for beating the "Monday Morning Blues" I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: