Sunday, October 11, 2015

"They Call It Stormy Monday"


I'm not sure who came up with the term "Stormy Monday," but they should have perhaps modified it to say, "Calm Sunday before the Stormy Monday."

Just about 4 p.m. on Sunday evening is when I start to get the "Monday Morning Blues."

Don't get me wrong.  I'd feel much worse on Sunday nights, if I had nowhere to go on Monday morning.  

But, who doesn't wish they had just one more day to sleep in late? Even though I can never sleep in late because my dog wakes me up at the same time on the weekend because he doesn't know his days of the week.

Any-how, I'm thinking that maybe I should start trying to figure out a way to turn around the Monday morning blues and make it the day of the week I look forward to instead of Friday.  Who am I kidding?  That will never happen.  But, I can change my attitude.

So, instead of sitting around waiting for "The Good Wife" to come on and signal that the work-week is upon us, I decided tonight to bake a cake.  That's right.  I'm "celebrating" the beginning of a new week, new challenges, new things to learn, new routes to work and being lucky enough to have a place where I can earn a decent living to support myself.

Maybe instead of calling it "Stormy Monday," I could call it "Magical Monday."

If we can believe it - we can achieve it, right?

At least, I'll have cake to go with my coffee.

No comments: