Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Martini Lunches – Should You or Shouldn’t You?


I have never been one to enjoy a cocktail at lunch.

And, you may call me naïve, but I pretty much thought the days of “Three martini lunches” were over. I know some firms that have specific written policies that forbid drinking during work hours, even if you’re outside the premises for lunch, etc.

Of course, there are those exceptions when the office is having “happy hour” to celebrate a big win or holiday or partner promotion or “just because.”

That said, after talking to a couple of secretaries in the last few weeks, not in my office, of course, but colleagues of mine, who like to enjoy a little “liquid lunch” every now and then, I think that a better option is to drink after work. It’s called “Happy Hour” for a reason.

Remember – loose lips sink ships.

Don't drink and type.

No comments: