Monday, October 15, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: L.A. FADEAWAY

I'll begin by saying that after you read this book, you may appreciate your job a lot more.  If you thought law firms were brutal, you ain't seen nothing yet.

In Jordan Okun's first novel,  the narrator is the 23 year old son of a studio head, newly graduated from USC and has just landed a job in the mailroom trainee program of THE talent agency in Los Angeles.

I don't think I would describe this as chick-lit.  It reminded me a lot of "The Devil Wears Prada," and "The Second Assistant," except it's darker - much darker.  At times, it was a little too, shall we say "descriptive," but I couldn't stop reading it!

Honestly, I might have to celebrate "Boss's Day" this year because now I know - there's always someone who's got it worse!!

And if you're star-struck like me, this is just the ticket. 

www.jordanokun.com

A Simon and Schuster novel.

No comments: