Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just Throw It In The Bag!




Brown is the new black. For me, anyway.

I am so tired of carrying the same old leopard print tote. Sure, it was sort of 'chic' at first, but it's been six months now, and I have a feeling I may be described in parts of the FIDI as the "lady with that beat-up leopard tote."

Unfortunately, a tote bag isn't in this month's budget, so in the meantime, I decided to make lemonade out of the lemon of spending 2 bucks a day (at least)on coffee .

I am now recycling my Starbucks bags for use as a work-bag. It neatly holds two newspapers, a yogurt, a bag of trail mix and a book. Okay, I fit a small pack of Oreos in there too.

I don't have to give up my coffee habit and I'm never carrying the same tote for more than a week.

Win/win - wouldn't you say?

And, here's a true story: a few months ago, I saw a picture of Oprah carrying a Starbucks bag. Now, I can't say what was in it, but the point is, she was carrying it!!

I can't wait to read in the Times in a few months how plain brown bags are back!!

Enjoy the rest of your work-week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is "En Vogue" to recycle - so, it is such a neat idea that you will recycle AFTER your Starbucks bag has been "repurposed"!!! That's what I call being "a Smart Cookie"!!!! Enjoy your new En Vogue, politically correct "Summertime Starbucks" totes!!

I think you're legally on to something special!!