Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another Lump of Coal?




How many people get Christmas/Holiday gifts from their bosses? Don't all raise your hands at once.

Since the economy tanked, many firms no longer give holiday bonuses. And even though it's slightly better now - depending on who you ask and considering all the recent mergers and subsequent layoffs - some law firms still aren't giving any end of the year cash.

So, does your boss give you something nice to show how much she appreciates your hard work all year? Does he give you anything? Do you get her a small token of your appreciation? That is, if you're lucky enough to have a boss who treats you with some measure of respect and considers you a colleague. Or, at least has the good sense to know she/he is not able to do it all without a little help from the little folks.

Personally, I'm not expecting anything. I'm at a new firm and I just missed the cutoff for a holiday bonus. But I'm grateful to have a job. However, I must say, a Starbucks card would be nice. Another paperweight - well, I could do without that.

3 comments:

Eugene Marseille said...

Nice blog:)

xx
http://eugenemarseille.blogspot.com/

Dottie said...

Thanks, Eugenia. I will check out your blog.

Dottie

Dottie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.