Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things Your Mother Obviously Never Taught You



Okay, I'm cool. Really, I am. I'm a liberal. I do me and you do you. Live and let live. But seriously, seriously, what is it about some people who have no clue as to what is appropriate office attire?

A facebook friend the other day wrote on her wall post, "Since when is it okay to show your stomach at work?" Now, this friend is under 30. And even she knows what is okay and what is not.

I am so tired of seeing these women (and men), however, lately, I've noticed it more with women who are either in the middle of a huge mid-life crisis or just have absolutely no clue that they look ridiculous wearing the most God-awful "crap" at work!

And where are all the office administrators? I think some of them are either a) too lazy to notice; b) too afraid to say anything or c) in the wrong position.

Without getting into too much detail, I would just like to say that the below is a reasonable guide to follow:

Not too short

Not too low

Not too tight

Not ripped


We don't want to see your tramp stamps and that little "Y" doesn't even look good on the plumber.

When in doubt, save it for weekends.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

I don't know what goes in the mind of those who choose to look mindless, no pun intended, but I can say with some certainty and experience that a fair number of "today"s" Office Administrators and firm partners are too busy harrassing and making life miserable for the sensibly adorned and attired "lot of seniority", mature, hardworking support staff because they are the "least resistors" and the "I don't care what I look like and my attitude will reflect the same" bunch are unapproachable and sometimes secretly the indulged siblings or children of the bosses' friends and business associates.