Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not the Usual Lunch Hour. . .




Since Spring has sprung and the weather is nicer (well, some days), I have decided to find some "new" ways to spend my lunch hour.

Most cities have at least one independent bookstore left (thank God) and if you're lucky enough to work in the Financial District, you can spend time with a good book at Alexander's on Second Street.

Today, I not only "accepted" their invitation to the noon-time author event, but I expanded my reading interests to now include - yes - Romance novels!!

I got to the reading a little bit after it started and was pleasantly surprised to find an "eclectic" group of people, including myself, there to hear and meet, Gwyn Cready. Her new novel is "Flirting With Forever." It's the story of art historian Campbell Stratford and a playboy named Peter Lely.

And if the author's "sample reading" is any indication of the book itself, I think my train ride home will be anything but boring!


http://www.cready.com/

No comments: