Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Take Time to Smell the Irises :)


I was rushing out of the house this morning and just as I stumbled down the last step of my porch, I looked right in the "eye" of this beautiful purple flower. I have been so busy - leaving early - coming home late - that I hadn't realized that my irises had bloomed and were nearly gone.

So, instead of continuing at my "break-neck" pace and nearly breaking my neck (pardon the pun), I grabbed my camera phone and snapped this shot.

Make today a great day!

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

How beautiful!!!! What a fabulous reminder that we are going so fast that we really bypass true natural beauty designed to lift our spirit! Thanks for the beautiful reminder to slow down and absorb the natural beauty that is sometimes literally at our feet! Have a glorious day and don't forget to take a moment to soak in a few of the rare San Francisco sunrays!