Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Won't You Be My Neighbor? When Your New Co-Worker Rocks!



I don't want to "jinx" it, but I'm always talking about "toxic people in the workplace," let's hear it for the co-workers who are just plain normal and nice.

I recently got a new cube-mate and I must say, after my last situation, it makes coming to work so much better.

Employers always talk about hiring "the right fit," and "a good match," but so often, what comes out in the interview process doesn't translate to the actual work situation.

After having a "grumpy gills" to spend at least 8 hours with, it's such a pleasure to have someone that I can actually feel comfortable around.

I don't know what the future holds, but I'm going to do my part.  And isn't that also important?  Trying to be the best co-worker we can be?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!
It is such an added blessing to have a pleasant neighbor in the workplace. Particularly, since we spend a significant portion of our lives in close quarters with co-workers. Office space is a premium commodity and fewer square inches, yes, I said inches, is delegated to legal secretaries in today's workplace, compared to years gone by when the need for a quasi-private workspace or office was deemed essential due to the sensitive nature of most legal work.
Enjoy your new neighbor as I'm sure he or she is enjoying having a neighbor who is equally appreciative of having a neighbor who is dedicated to contributing to a pleasant workplace. Let's just pray the new person will enjoy the work and environment enough to keep the momentum going.