Thursday, April 30, 2015

Performance Reviews And WhyThey Give Me Hives



Am I the only one who worries about what their annual performance review?

I mean no one is perfect, but don't you feel like when it comes time to put those reviews in the attorneys' hands, they get more excited about writing about the time you accidentally forgot to put their dry cleaning pick up date on the calendar than they do about arguing a big motion?

Seriously, I think I'm a pretty darn good secretary.  I'm not bragging but I've been doing this for a long time and I think I really try hard.

Yet, there's always one little thing that they remember (which you have completely tried to put out of your mind) that stops you from being the "superstar assistant" you could be. 

We just have to keep in mind that there's always next year's review (where they will once again, remember that tiny infraction).

I just like to know in advance when they're going to pass the envelopes so I make sure I'm wearing my big girl pants.

No comments: