Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Never Tell" by Alafair Burke



I'm on an Alafair Burke roll.  And since I only discovered her work over the past few months, I've got some catching up to do.

My most recent read by the former prosecutor and current college professor is "Never Tell" from the Ellie Hatcher series.  

It had me captured from the very beginning.

I've said before how I love books with contemporary references and Ms. Burke delivers that along with a suspenseful storyline and a nice little twist at the end.

Highly recommended for those of you who don't get enough "excitement" at work and "amateur sleuths" like yours truly.



Detective Ellie Hatcher will be forced to uncover the truth behind the apparent suicide of a teenaged girl with intriguing connections to both New York’s wealthiest—and its most dispossessed.
This addictive thriller from acclaimed suspense writer Alafair Burke draws its details from the author’s own experiences as a criminal law professor and deputy district attorney, creating an exhilarating, true-to-life tale of crime and its consequences that is perfect for fans of Laura Lippman, Harlan Coben, and Burke’s breakout standalone thriller Long Gone.

No comments: