Thursday, September 12, 2013

Book Review: "Primetime Princess" by Lindy DeKoven




I must be slipping because I almost missed out on one of the best "chic-lit" reads of the summer.  "Primetime Princess" by Lindy DeKoven.

My sister called me last week and said she had seen the author on "The Talk," and since I had worked in the entertainment industry in a previous life, I might enjoy it.  I think any working woman can relate - and especially, those in the legal industry.

Suffice to say, I enjoyed it very much.  So much, that I finished it in just a week.  That's not exactly "speed reading," but keep in mind, when you get home after a long day's work, sometimes a girl just wants to be a couch potato.

This book was engaging, enlightening, funny and a fast-read.  There were a few parts that seemed to drag on, but that could have been my exhaustion creeping in.

Highly recommended.  If you liked "The Devil Wears Prada," you'll love "Primetime Princess."  

Network television is not for wimps!


"Alexa Ross has risen to the top of the Hollywood boys’ club. As the vice president of comedy development at Hawkeye Broadcasting System, Alexa has put her early years working as an assistant to Jerry Kellner, her sex-crazed former boss, behind her.
However, nepotism lands Jerry a plum spot at HBS…reporting to Alexa! Soon Jerry’s malicious behavior is destroying everything good in Alexa’s life, from the young student she tutors to the romance she thought she’d never find. Can Alexa win the battle for ratings and break through the glass ceiling, even if it destroys her—and everything she loves?
Sharp, witty, and heartwarming, Primetime Princess is an unforgettable sneak peek into the exclusive behind-the-scenes drama that occurs over the course of one TV development season."  (from amazon.com)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great "commute" read!