Sunday, July 21, 2013

"A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet"




I was hired to be a "legal secretary."  I use the title "legal secretary," when referring to myself, my profession and the work that I perform.


Many of my colleagues prefer the title "Legal Assistant."  Some firms reserve the title "Legal Assistant" for "paralegals."  Others use the title "Assistant to John Doe."

I'm proud to be a secretary.  I feel that I have a skill-set that has served me well and feel blessed to have acquired skills (such as typing) early on.  Okay, I'm of "a certain age," but nonetheless, there is a deep sense of pride that goes along with being able to earn a decent living to support yourself and your family.

Whatever title you prefer to use, one thing remains the same, you are an integral part of a legal team, your firm, an asset, if you will.

Here's to a great week for all the legal secretaries, legal assistants, assistants and support staff who give 100 percent to keep the wheels turning!

This is your pep talk.  Monday will be here very quickly.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, prefer the title "Legal Secretary." I feel blessed to have the training and skills associated with this career. I go back to the days of "Gregg Shorthand" and typing on an old Royal standard. My skills are still in demand, as in addition to the "old school training," I have kept up with all of the new technology and "electronic tools of the trade." I pray I am always able to be an asset to a law firm.

Have a swell work week and keep typing:)!!!