Monday, October 11, 2010

Doesn't It Feel Good to Wear Hane's(R)?


Apparently not. Fewer and fewer women wear nylons these days. Oh, I haven't done any scientific study. This is just my unofficial survey. I think that working in a large metropolitan city makes me somewhat of an expert.

The hosiery women once had to choose from left a lot to be desired. I started wearing stockings in an era when there was very little to choose from in color, style and comfort. In fact, in the "old days" I think there might have been a policy against not wearing hose. At least in the workplace.

But these days, unless they're textured or fishnet, I don't see them at all. They seem to have gone the way of the handkerchief. I used to love these wonderfully sheer Christian Dior pantyhose in the 80s and 90s. They no longer exist.

I started giving this some serious thought the other day when I saw a very attractive, well-dressed young woman, obviously a professional, with a nice portfolio under her arm on the elevator. Elevators are the perfect place to do a quick "once-over" without being caught because no one looks at each other in elevators anymore. Anyway, she had lovely legs. Bare legs. And while bronzers and waxing have definitely added to the attraction of the bare leg, it still seemed that something was not quite right with the bare-legged interview look.

What say you? Am I just old-fashioned or do pantyhose still have a place in society, the workplace, in particular?

Just something to think about on a Monday morning.

Make it a great week!

No comments: